Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Junior Naturalist"


























I painted a small study of this subject and posted it earlier this summer. It was so much fun to paint that I decided to try a larger painting. I liked the loose brushwork of the small painting and it was a challenge to retain that in the large version. I entered this piece in the Cable Hayward Area Arts Council annual juried show "From a Bird's Eye View" which had an environmental theme. CHARAC collaborated with the Cable Natural History Museum for this exhibit. This boy reminded me of all the children that participate in the Cable Natural History Museum's Junior Naturalist program each summer. Now I'm going to toot my own horn... this painting was awarded first place. The exhibit is displayed at the Cable Natural History Museum until September 20, 2011.


"Junior Naturalist", 20"x 16", oil on board, Sold  

No comments:

Post a Comment