Friday, August 22, 2014

Square Format

Over the past couple of years, I've enjoyed painting in a square format. I'm not sure why, but I do love a grid. Here are some works created this winter and spring.






















"Pomegranates", 8" x 8", oil on linen, Sold

























Although I used a full palette of colors, this painting has a monochromatic look. I also experimented with a smooth gessoed painting surface which gave the brush strokes a different character.

"Spoons", 8" x 8", oil on board, Sold

























I like these bold shapes and the simple color scheme.

"Tea with Lemon", 8" x 8", oil on linen

























"Ready to Plant", 8" x 8", oil on linen, Sold

























"Steam Iron", 8" x 8", oil on linen

























"Pears & Spoon", 8" x 8", oil on linen, Sold



No comments:

Post a Comment