Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers...

It has been a good summer for growing flowers. I've taken many photos in my garden as well as in the gardens of friends. I'm always trying to think more abstractly and focus on simplified shapes instead of details as I paint. I decided that painting from these photographs rather than from life might help me with this process. I'm posting these in chronological order.



"Hellebore"
8" x 8", oil on linen, SOLD















"Iris"
 8" x 8", oil on linen, SOLD

















"Peonies #2"
 8" x 8", oil on linen, SOLD














"Peonies"
14" x 18", oil on linen panel

















I haven't worked this large for a number of years. I enjoyed using big brushes and big strokes with lots of drips.

"Peonies #3"
 30" x 40", oil on linen, SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment