Friday, May 8, 2020

Lime Green

Every year our local art gallery, Art Beat of Hayward, organizes an exhibit celebrating a color. This year's color was lime green. Everyone is invited to submit a piece of art work. Folks get creative and the pieces range from paintings, pottery, wearable art and beyond. It's a big event every February.

I painted a couple of pieces and ended up submitting "Apple Peeler". I've cranked out lots of apple crisp using this little piece of Yankee ingenuity. I decided to pair it with some Granny Smiths in a still life. It's a complicated arrangement. I wanted lots of lime green apples to set off the red peeler. I kept the background values close to unify the apples and dish towel. There is strong contrast in the foreground with the peeler, apples and ribbons of peels.

"Green Glads" was painted from a photo I took years ago. I love the sculptural quality of the flowers.


"Apple Peeler"
12" x 16", oil on linen panel




















"Green Glads"
8" x 8", oil on linen panel SOLD





















No comments:

Post a Comment