Saturday, April 24, 2021

Exploring Texture

It's fun to experiment and push myself in new directions. While this is a still life, it has a certain abstract quality because of the composition, size and texture. I resurfaced an existing canvas with thick white oil paint to achieve a textured surface. After the base coat had dried, I painted with my usual oil painting brushes as well as a palette knife and oil sticks. Because it is difficult to get a sense of the texture in a photo, I have included a detail shot.

"Scarf & Glass"  
30" x 30"
Oil paint and oil sticks on stretched linen canvas SOLD














Detail to show texture


1 comment:

  1. Sara- Your work always makes me smile. I love it! Keep painting these wonderful pieces with beautiful colors, fun subjects, and textures. 💜

    ReplyDelete